UP Assembly Polls 2022: On Tuesday (8th February 2022) Union Home Minister Amit Shah released BJP’s manifesto for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls.
The ‘Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra’ was presented in the presence of Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath and UP BJP party president Swatantra Dev Singh.
Amit Shah promised a 10-year punishment and a one Lakh INR fine for those indulging in ‘Love Jihad’ if Bharatiya Janta Party returns to power in Uttar Pradesh.
Speaking on this occasion, Shah claimed, “The Bharatiya Janata Party has fulfilled 92+ percent of 212 promises made in its 2017 poll manifesto”.
In the manifesto, the major promises done by the Bharatiya Janata Party are:
- Free electricity for irrigation in the next five years. If the cane payment is not made in 14 days to farmers then the sugar mills have to pay the dues with interest.
- One well-equipped government hospital will be built in each district of the state and in the next five years, the government will strengthen paddy and wheat purchase at MSP.
- To make the girl students self-reliant, free scooters will be given under the Rani Laxmibai Yojana
- Under the Swami Vivekananda Yuva Shashaktikaran Yojana, two crore tablets and smartphones will be provided
- General Bipin Rawat Defence Industrial Corridor will be completed in a record time
Polling in Uttar Pradesh will be held in seven phases on February 10, 14, 20, 23, 27, and March 3, 7 and the counting of votes takes place on 10th March.
In the UP Assembly elections 2017, the BJP had won 312 assembly seats. Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party (SP) had won 47 seats, Mayawati-led BSP had bagged 19 seats while Congress managed to win only seven seats.