Why the By-Election is very tough for Congress & BJP
- 2019 election booth wise results give crucial insights into why this election is very tough for opposition parties Congress & BJP.
- TRS performed very well in the 2019 elections by keeping stronghold in 257 booths.
- BJP shows some impact in the Narsingi division of Dubbak.
- Congress party performance was limited to just 60 booths where it got 2nd position.
- There were almost 50-60 booths where the margin between BJP and Congress was narrow.
- In 2019, Raghu Nandan Rao has contested as an MP candidate from the Medak MP constituency. Dubbak is also a part of the same Medak parliament constituency.
- He secured 29546 votes from the same division. However, in the 2018 dubbak assembly elections, he got 3rd position with 22, 595 votes.
- Usually, the ruling party performs very well in by-elections. Kurnool by-election in Andhra Pradesh state is a perfect case study to be analyzed where the results were reversed in the 2019 assembly elections.
- The combined vote share of BJP + Congress never crossed 36% since 2014.
- The combined vote share of BJP + Congress never crossed 30% in the last ( 2018 MP, 2018 assembly & 2019 MP) three elections.
- Most likely, 2019 results to be replicated with minor changes in vote sharing between BJP & Congress.
- Our analysis has based on in-depth research on various election results of the Dubbak division since 2014. We affirm that we did not do any field-level research.
Parties Performance in Dubbak Boothwise – 2019 election results
|1st position||2nd position||3rd position|
Dubbak/Dubbaka segment results – 2019 parliament elections
Article Last Updated: September 20th, 2020